These are the rules governing all contests aired on WPOR 101.9 radio and on the wpor.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WPOR 101.9” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WPOR 101.9 radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WPOR 101.9 contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WPOR 101.9 you must not have won anything on WPOR 101.9 in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WPOR 101.9 studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WPOR 101.9 contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WPOR 101.9 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WPOR 101.9 studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WPOR 101.9 delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WPOR 101.9 awarding the prize to the winner. WPOR 101.9 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WPOR 101.9 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WPOR 101.9 contests are open to all eligible Maine and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WPOR 101.9 that will be presented to WPOR 101.9 and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WPOR 101.9, the Portland Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WPOR 101.9 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WPOR 101.9 studios, 420 Western Avenue South Portland, Maine between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WPOR 101.9 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WPOR 101.9, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WPOR 101.9, Saga Communications of New England, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WPOR 101.9 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WPOR 101.9 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WPOR 101.9 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (207) 792-WPOR (9767). For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WPOR 101.9 has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WPOR 101.9 shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond WPOR 101.9’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on wpor.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WPOR 101.9as defined at the exclusive discretion of WPOR 101.9 management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WPOR 101.9’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WPOR 101.9 contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WPOR 101.9 studios 420 Western Avenue South Portland, Maine.